Hands-On UX Design for Developers: Design, prototype, and implement compelling user experiences from scratch.
Learn every step you need for product design and development
- Explore all the tools that you need to be a complete UX designer
- Code the product designs you’ve created to become a full-stack designer
- Build an amazing portfolio with real-world projects
Designing user experience (UX) is one of the most important aspects of a project, as it has a direct effect on how customers think of your company. The process of designing a user experience is one of the most challenging yet rewarding aspects of product development. Hands-On UX Design for Developers will teach you how to create amazing user experiences for products from scratch.
This book starts with helping you understand the importance of a good UX design and the role of a UX designer. It will take you through the different stages of designing a UX and the application of various principles of psychology in UX design. Next, you will learn how to conduct user research and market research, which is crucial to creating a great UX. You will also learn how to create user personas and use it for testing. This book will help you gain the ability to think like a UX designer and understand both sides of product development: design and coding. You will explore the latest tools, such as Sketch, Balsamiq, and Framer.js, to create wireframes and prototypes. The concluding chapters will take you through designing your UI, dealing with big data while designing a UX, and the fundamentals of frontend. Finally, you'll prepare your portfolio and become job ready in the UX arena.
What you will learn
- What UX is and what a UX designer does
- Explore the UX Process and science of making products user-friendly
- Create user interfaces and learn which tools to use
- Understand how your design works in the real world
- Create UI interaction, animation, wireframes, and prototypes
- Design a product with users in mind
- Develop a personal portfolio and be well-prepared to join the UX world
Who this book is for
Hands-On UX/UI Design for Developers is for web designers who have knowledge of basic UX design principles.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 What is UX?
Chapter 2 UX Design Process
Chapter 3 User behavior basics and User Research
Chapter 4 Getting to know your users
Chapter 5 User Profiles / User Personas
Chapter 6 Designing Behavior
Chapter 7 Visual Design Principle and Process
Chapter 8 Wireframes and Prototyping
Chapter 9 UI Design Animations and Implementations
Chapter 10 Frontend UI Implementation and Process
Chapter 11 After Launch UX
Chapter 12 Designing for Big Data